Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sickness Sucks

So here's the deal. I'm sick. It kind of started last night and yesterday but today it was full blown sickness. Last night I had a headache and was really tired for most of the night but when I woke up today, I was super warm (sweating profusely) and my through hard a ton every time I swallowed and I was really achy. I sucked it up and went to church with Rachelle. The church we went to was called Our Lady of Victories Catholic Church. It was a really cool church. We went to the 10 am mass which was the family and children mass. It was so loud. They don't have crying rooms or anything (not that that would have helped, everyone would have had to go into the crying room anyway). After church we walked back to our flats and I immediately went to bed. I was so tired. I ended up sleeping from about noon to nine. This was after sleeping from midnight to nine last night. I feel better now but my throat still hurts. I think that the main reason for the sickness was the lack of sleep and the out put of energy I put myself through yesterday and the day before. Moral of the story: sleep and don't go overboard on seeing everything right away.
Speaking of yesterday, I will fill you in on what happened. So after I posted that blog entry, we went on a bus tour. Rochelle and I were seat buddies. We had the same guide that we did the day before on our walk around the neighborhood. She was funny and very smart. She knew stories and little facts about what seemed like every single place we drove by. We drove just about all over London. First we went to Chelsey and then we drove back around along the Thames and by Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. After that we proceeded to the area of London called The City. It is the oldest part of London. We took a break at St. Paul's Cathedral. I went into the Crypt Cafe and got the most delicious brownie ever. After St. Paul's Cathedral we went to Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus and some other places that I can't really remember. We made our way back to the flats. Rachelle, Vanessa, Peter, Mallory, Kristina, Amy and I decided to take the train to Westminster and walk from there to Piccadilly Circus. It was a very beautiful walk and well worth the effort. We stopped by the horse guards and everyone got a picture taken next to them. We got to Piccadilly and decided to walk along Regent Street which was the only street in all of London that was actually planned and designed. Rachelle, Mallory, and I were really tired so we went back while the other four got some tea. All seven of us met up at the flats later and we all made PB&J together for dinner. It was a lot of fun. Mallory and Rachelle discussed travel plans for spring break and our free weekends. After eating dinner we took the tube down to the Thames again and found the Sherlock Holmes Restaurant and Pub. We got a pint (or something else) and it was fun. We walked along the Thames again and made our way back to our flats. I was really tired and went straight to bed. And then, like I said, today I went to church and slept. I felt kind of bad about sleeping that much but there's nothing that I could do about it. When you're sick, you're sick. Anyway, tomorrow we start classes (booooo) and hope I feel even better tomorrow morning. Three straight hours of class with a headache and sore throat would be terrible. I think it will be ok though. I guess that's all for now.

2 comments:

ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

awww, feel better.