Friday, January 25, 2008

Camera Shopping



I was up until around 4 am talking on Skype last night so I slept in until 11:30 today. I got ready and Vanessa and I set out on a quest to try and find a store that would sell me a good camera cheap. Word to the wise: In London, those stores don't exist.

We walked across Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens to an area of London called Oxford Circus (no elephants unfortunately, just a lot of traffic). The parks were really nice, I had never really walked through them before so it was fun to do that. It was a really nice day out, breezy, not too cool, sunshine. Then we got to Oxford Street which we had to walk on and it was a mess. People would walk right into us and there were literally a million people walking on these sidewalks, it was insane. I'm not kidding. We were getting extremely annoyed. On the way back, Vanessa leaned over to me and said, "I think I'm starting to hate people." I said, "I'd rather be walking through mud like yesterday." Anyway, we got to a couple stores but they didn't have the cameras I wanted and their prices were ridiculous. So we walked back along the street again. Just bad. Anyway, as we were walking back, I decided to try High Street Kensington to see if it had any stores that might help. It didn't. We stopped at a grocery store and Vanessa got a bunch of groceries. As we were walking back she told me, "I thought YOU were the one that was supposed to spend money, not me." I just laughed.

I came back to the flat and ate a couple more quesadillas. I was really hungry (I only had toast so far). I had a really big headache so I laid down and watched some tv. Then I came down to the computer lab and did some more camera research and now, here I am.

Tomorrow morning everyone has to be ready by 8 am to get on the coach so its going to be an early night. I am very tired so it was going to be an early night anyway. I am super excited to see Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral. It is going to be really sweet. Plus, mostly sunshine and highs around 50 are expected. Yay!

I hope everyone has fun this weekend. I know I will!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?!? You're going to Stonehenge and you dont have a camera? I dont know what to say...

Anonymous said...

how about ebay.co.uk? I hope you bought a disposable at least.