Friday, May 30, 2008

Home

I feel like I have been here before... That's because I have! I am writing this entry from the computer lab of Metrogate. No joke!

I woke up and finished packing this morning. I got my backpacks on (pretty much for the last time I guess) and walked to the train station. I took the train to the airport and checked in. I went to the gate and waited for them to announce the specific gate number. They announced and then I waited some more to board. I listened to music. We boarded and departed. The flight was only 50 minutes long. We barely got in the air and flying when it was time to descend back down. I had to wait in line for the passport check because a flight from the US just unloaded in front of me. Bummer. Oh well. I got checked and then grabbed my backpack and hopped on a train. I took the Tube to the storage place. I forgot about how much stuff I left in random plastic bags. It will be a squeeze to fit it all in tomorrow but I will get it done. I took the Tube again to my hostel, Hyde Park Inn. It is on the other side of the park from Metrogate. My mom stayed in a place right by it when she was here. My room is on the third floor. Ugh, too many stairs. Oh well. It seems ok and I am going to be there only one night so who really cares anyway?

I got settled and then started walking. I walked across the park and then over to Our Lady of Victories. It was good to be back there. I grabbed some lunch from Tesco and ate it in the courtyard thing by the library. I walked over to Metrogate where I am now. I don't think I will be able to write in the blog again until I get home.

I wish there was some succinct way for me to sum up all the experiences and fun and sights and sounds and just everything that has happened to me since I left back in January. That's not possible though. I know I don't need to do this but thank you to everyone who read this blog even once (but especially to the people who read it everyday). That means more to me than I could write and I will always cherish this blog and this trip. So yeah, I guess this is it. I might write again tomorrow when I get home. Only because I wrote in it just before I left so I think it would be good to write again when just after I get back. I will also be updating the posts, adding pictures, and stuff so feel free to check back if you want in the next week or so. Um, that's it. I can't wait to get home!

I thought of this song while I was writing this post. It's called "Home" by Micheal Buble. Here are the lyrics. (These lyrics coincide with how I feel.)

Another summer day
Has come and gone away
In Paris and Rome
But I wanna go home
Mmmmmmmm

May be surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
I just wanna go home
Oh, I miss you, you know

And I’ve been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you
Each one a line or two
“I’m fine baby, how are you?”
Well I would send them but I know that it’s just not enough
My words were cold and flat
And you deserve more than that

Another aeroplane
Another sunny place
I’m lucky, I know
But I wanna go home
Mmmm, I’ve got to go home

Let me go home
I’m just too far from where you are
I wanna come home

And I feel just like I’m living someone else’s life
It’s like I just stepped outside
When everything was going right
And I know just why you could not
Come along with me
'Cause this was not your dream
But you always believed in me

Another winter day has come
And gone away
In even Paris and Rome
And I wanna go home
Let me go home

And I’m surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
Oh, let me go home
Oh, I miss you, you know

Let me go home
I’ve had my run
Baby, I’m done
I gotta go home
Let me go home
It will all be all right
I’ll be home tonight
I’m coming back home

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am still in withdrawl from the lack of blog. At least you could finish your work of updating the end posts.